2014 City Council Candidate
RJ Aquino is a proud Filipino-Canadian, parent and community activist who works in the local high-tech sector.
RJ co-founded the Tulayan Filipino Diaspora Society, is on the board of the Collingwood Neighbourhood House, and is a former member of the City Planning Commission. He is the first candidate to represent OneCity Vancouver, a grassroots, independent organization bringing young people, seniors, immigrants and working people together to share their stories and work toward a city that is affordable, sustainable and liveable.
In the 2014 municipal election, RJ and the OneCity team put forward innovative solutions for housing and child care, giving neighbourhoods a real say in decision-making at City Hall, transit and climate justice, and job creation. OneCity and RJ Aquino pledge to work to ensure the many voices of Vancouver are heard as we build a city for everyone.
- Co-Founder & Board Director, Tulayan Filipino Diaspora Society, a Filipino heritage, history and language organization
- Board of Directors, Collingwood Neighbourhood House
- Recipient of a Maharlika award for leadership
- Past city council candidate
- Past member, BCNDP Provincial Executive
- Past member, Vancouver City Planning Commission
- Former board member, Vancouver’s Asian Heritage Month
Follow RJ @rj_aquino