Job Posting: Director of Outreach and Fundraising
Hourly Wage: $28-$34 hour
Hours per week: 20-40 (depending on availability of successful candidate)
Benefits: +8% in lieu of benefits + three weeks vacation.
Posting closes August 13, 2021 (or when filled).
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
OneCity works to make the City of Vancouver an affordable, progressive, and diverse home for the working and middle-class. We are a political party but also a movement for social change. We focus on multi-family affordable housing, climate action, just relations with Indigenous Peoples, affordable childcare, a well-funded, inclusive public education system, economic justice and growth, and more.
OneCity formed in 2014 as a home for ideas and actions that can build a better city. As a political party, OneCity is preparing for its third municipal election to take place in October 2022 by running candidates for Council, Park Board, and School Board. If you believe in fighting for a better city for the working and middle class in Vancouver, then we want to hear from you.
We have a great opportunity for a Director of Outreach and Fundraising for OneCity to join our dynamic and progressive political party in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the OneCity Co-Chairs, the Director of Outreach and Fundraising is responsible for:
- Preparing the party for the 2022 municipal election through staff & volunteer coordination and project management
- Working with others to direct voter identification and meet voter contact targets
- Working with others to direct fundraising efforts and meet fundraising targets
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic advice to OneCity’s Executive on election preparation
- Leading OneCity’s fundraising work
- Leading OneCity’s voter contact and outreach efforts
- Developing and managing multiple budgets
- Organizing and managing multiple projects and tasks
- Managing and supporting volunteers to perform their duties to the best of their ability
- Responding with creativity, flexibility and strategic thinking to the shifting needs and priorities of the Organizing Committee
- Representing OneCity in communications and at events, acting as a representative of OneCity when mandated
You have experience campaigning, fundraising, and managing volunteers. You are a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for making our city a better place. A proven leader understands that being task-oriented is key to making change. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You are proactive, driven, and self-motivated. You are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in advancing a bold strategic vision for OneCity as an organization and local progressive politics in Vancouver. You take the initiative and can creatively implement directives. You have a strategic mindset that identifies how to use available resources and identify risks and opportunities. You can be a strong team leader and can assist in organizational growth. You accomplish tasks with excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
And most importantly, you are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in preparing OneCity to be extremely successful in the Vancouver Council, Park Board, and School Board elections.
For this role, we seek someone with experience in political organizing, creativity, and skills in project, volunteer/staff, and financial management.
- Experience as an intermediate or advanced level user of email, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite, Slack programs. Previous experience with CRM tools and websites like NationBuilder a plus.
- Experience with graphic design also a plus.
- Previous experience working in a political party, advocacy organization, or union.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must be able to work in Canada legally.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
The above requirements are what OneCity is seeking in the ideal candidate at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of the organization.
Applications may be sent to [email protected]
OneCity is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including racialized persons, Indigenous persons and people of all gender identities and abilities. OneCity complies with the BC Human Rights Code and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, mental or physical disability, marital or family status, political belief, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or class.