Job Posting: Organizing Director
Hourly Wage: $27
Hours per week: 10
Benefits: 25% (compensation in lieu of a benefit package)
Posting closes 30 April 2019
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
OneCity is a political party and a movement for change. We advocate a new direction for Vancouver - a city strengthened through equity, affordability and diversity. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant, affordable Vancouver for everyone.
If you share these values, then we want to hear from you.
We have a great opportunity for an Organizing Director for OneCity to join our dynamic and progressive political party in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the OneCity Executive, the Organizing Director is responsible for:
- Directing and coordinating community outreach and engagement
- Coordinating, directing and supporting volunteers and contractors
- Collaborative engagement with OneCity's fundraising and communications work
- Organizational planning and administration
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Representing OneCity in communications and at events and acts as a representative of OneCity when mandated
- Organizing and managing multiple projects and tasks
- Creating and maintaining relationships with various organizations, communities and stakeholder groups to support party success
- Providing strategic advice to OneCity’s Executive on organizing, mobilizing, and campaigns.
- Supporting volunteers to perform their duties to the best of their ability
- Leading OneCity’s fundraising work
- Responding with creativity, flexibility and strategic thinking to the shifting needs and priorities of the Organizing Committee
You are a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for making our city a better place. A proven leader, you understand that collaboration is key to making change and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You are proactive, driven, and self-motivated, and you are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in advancing a bold strategic vision for OneCity as an organization and for local progressive politics in Vancouver. You take initiative and are able to creatively implement directives. You have a strategic mindset that identifies how to use available resources and identify risks and opportunities. You can be a strong team leader, and are able to assist in organizational growth. You accomplish tasks with excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
And most importantly, you are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in advancing a bold vision for OneCity as an organization for local progressive politics in Vancouver.
For this role, we are seeking someone with professional skills, knowledge, creativity, and the capacity to learn and grow in a new position with interest or passion for governance, political science, or project management, as well as project design, people/staff and financial management.
- Experience as an intermediate or advanced level user of email, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite, Slack programs. Previous experience with NationBuilder a plus.
- Previous experience working in a political party, advocacy organization, or union is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous work experience serving a leadership team
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
The above requirements are what OneCity is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of OneCity.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com.
OneCity is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants to apply including members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons and people of all gender identities and abilities. OneCity strives not to discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or class.