You would like to work with OneCity Vancouver [One City] databases or access other confidential material prior to and during the City of Vancouver election scheduled to be held on October 15, 2022 (the “Election”).
As consideration for the One City furnishing Confidential Information (as defined below) to you, you agree to treat the Confidential Information in accordance with the terms set out below:
- You will keep in the strictest confidence all information that during the course of the Election, representatives of One City have disclosed and may disclose or reveal to you, and you may obtain concerning One City, including, without limitation, information relating to election campaign strategies, decisions, financial information, contact lists, notes, data, memoranda, conversations, and other communications, information about other individuals that is in the custody or under the control of One City, and any other information, in any form or media, relating to One City. This information, together with the contents of notes, records, summaries and other documents derived or generated from or reflecting your participation in the Election are referred to collectively as “Confidential Information”.
- You will use Confidential Information only for the purpose of assisting One City in the Election Campaign and will take all necessary and appropriate action to safeguard Confidential Information from disclosure by you to anyone except as expressly permitted herein.
- You will not make any Confidential Information available, or disclose or permit any person to disclose any Confidential Information to any person, unless a representative of One City has approved in writing the disclosure of Confidential Information to such person, and as otherwise permitted by this Confidentiality Agreement.
- Except as reasonably required in connection with the Election, you will not, either directly or indirectly, copy or reproduce Confidential Information in any manner or medium. You will ensure that all Confidential Information, and all copies thereof, are stored in a secure place while in your possession, custody, charge or control.
- You confirm that any Confidential Information obtained by you before or after the date of this Confidentiality Agreement will be subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- This Confidentiality Agreement will be inoperative as to certain Confidential Information if such information becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of a disclosure by you or your representatives.