Hourly Wage: $27/hour + 8% in lieu of benefits
Hours per week: 30-40
Location: Vancouver, BC (working remotely until campaign office opens this summer)
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
OneCity works to make the City of Vancouver an affordable, progressive, and diverse home for the working and middle class. We are a political party but also a movement for social change. We focus on multi-family affordable housing, climate action, just relations with Indigenous peoples, affordable childcare, a well-funded, inclusive public education system, and economic justice.
OneCity formed in 2014 in order to build a more equitable and inclusive city. As a political party, OneCity is preparing for its third municipal election, which will take place in October 2022. We will be running candidates for City Council, Park Board, and School Board. If you believe in fighting for a better city for the working and middle class, then we want to hear from you.
We have a great opportunity for a Communications Coordinator to join our team. Until the opening of a campaign office, this is a remote, work-from-home position.
Reporting to OneCity’s Co-Chairs, the Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for:
- Working with and supporting OneCity’s Director of Outreach and Fundraising in corresponding with stakeholders, including members, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Working with volunteers to match their skill sets with areas of organizational need (e.g. door knocking, phoning, event organizing, platform development, etc.), and assisting them to perform their duties to the best of their abilities.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Receiving, referring and responding to incoming messages across multiple communications channels
- Coordinating candidate and campaign calendars
- Contacting key stakeholders to schedule meetings
- Pulling metrics and KPIs from Google Analytics, NationBuilder, Meta Business Suite, and social media managers then updating tracking sheets and dashboards
- 1-to-1 communication with volunteers, donors and supporters
- Assisting in the production and distribution of print literature
- Scheduling meetings by preparing Zoom, agendas, etc.
- Reviewing documents for copyediting
- Responding with creativity, flexibility and strategic thinking to the shifting needs and priorities of the Organizing Committee
- Representing OneCity in communications and at events; acting as a representative of OneCity when required
You have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You have experience with administrative tasks and managing volunteers. You are a creative and strategic thinker with strong progressive values and a passion for making our city a better place. You are proactive, driven, and self-motivated. You are excited about progressive politics in Vancouver and eager for the opportunity to play an integral role in advancing OneCity as an organization. You take the initiative and can creatively implement projects. You have a strategic mindset that identifies how to use available resources and identify risks and opportunities. You can be a strong team leader when required and can assist in organizational growth. You can also play a supportive role when required. You are diplomatic, respectful and kind.
And most importantly, you are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in preparing OneCity to be extremely successful in the Vancouver Council, Park Board, and School Board elections.
For this role, we seek someone with experience in communications, outreach, and volunteer management. Experience as an intermediate or advanced level user of email, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite programs is required. Previous experience with CRM tools and websites like NationBuilder and experience with graphic design are desired but not required. Previous experience working in a political party, advocacy organization, or labour union is an advantage is highly valued.
Must be able to legally work in Canada. Access to a computer and reliable high-speed internet are required.
The above qualifications are what OneCity is seeking in the ideal candidate at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of the organization.
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to [email protected] in a single PDF with your first and last name as the filename. (e.g. “Christine Boyle.pdf”)
OneCity is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, especially racialized persons, Indigenous persons and people of all gender identities and abilities. OneCity complies with the BC Human Rights Code and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, mental or physical disability, marital or family status, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or class.
We acknowledge that our work takes place on unceded Indigenous land belonging to the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.