Hourly Wage: $27/hour
Hours per week: 15 hours a week to start. Additional hours may be available toward the October 15, 2022 local election.
Benefits: 8% in lieu of benefits
This posting will be open until the right candidate is found. All applicants will receive a reply within one week of their submission.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
OneCity works to make the City of Vancouver an affordable, progressive, and diverse home for the working and middle-class. We are a political party but also a movement for social change. We focus on multi-family affordable housing, climate action, just relations with Indigenous Peoples, affordable childcare, a well-funded, inclusive public education system, economic justice and growth, and more.
OneCity formed in 2014 as a home for ideas and actions that can build a better city. As a political party, OneCity is preparing for its third municipal election to take place in October 2022 by running candidates for Council, Park Board, and School Board. If you believe in fighting for a better city for the working and middle class in Vancouver, then we want to hear from you.
We have a great opportunity for an Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator to join our dynamic and progressive political party in Vancouver, BC.
Until the opening of a campaign office, this is a remote, work-from-home position.
Reporting to the OneCity Co-Chairs, the Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for:
- Working with and supporting OneCity’s Director of Outreach and Fundraising in executing administrative tasks and corresponding with stakeholders including members, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Supporting the Director Outreach and Fundraising in responding in a timely manner to volunteer requests and matching volunteers and their skill sets with areas of organizational need (e.g. door knocking, phoning, event organizing, etc.).
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting volunteers to perform their duties to the best of their abilities.
- Receiving, referring and responding to incoming messages across communications channels.
- Updating member, volunteer, and donor databases.
- Contacting key individuals to schedule meetings.
- Scheduling meetings by preparing Zoom, agendas, etc.
- Reviewing documents for copyediting.
- Responding with creativity, flexibility and strategic thinking to the shifting needs and priorities of the Organizing Committee.
- Representing OneCity in communications and at events; acting as a representative of OneCity when required.
You have experience with administrative tasks and managing volunteers. You are a creative and strategic thinker with strong progressive values and a passion for making our city a better place. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You are proactive, driven, and self-motivated. You are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in advancing OneCity as an organization and local progressive politics in Vancouver. You take the initiative and can creatively implement directives. You have a strategic mindset that identifies how to use available resources and identify risks and opportunities. You can be a strong team leader when required and can assist in organizational growth. You can also play a supportive role when required. You accomplish tasks with excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
And most importantly, you are excited at the opportunity to play an integral role in preparing OneCity to be extremely successful in the Vancouver Council, Park Board, and School Board elections.
For this role, we seek someone with experience in administrative roles, outreach, communications, and volunteer management.
- Experience as an intermediate or advanced level user of email, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite, Slack programs. Previous experience with CRM tools and websites like NationBuilder a plus.
- Experience with graphic design also a plus.
- Previous experience working in a political party, advocacy organization, or union.
- Must be able to work in Canada legally.
- Access to a computer and reliable high-speed internet is required.
The above qualifications are what OneCity is seeking in the ideal candidate at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of the organization.
Applications may be sent to [email protected] in a single PDF with your first and last name as the filename. (e.g. “Christine Boyle.pdf”)
OneCity is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including racialized persons, Indigenous persons and people of all gender identities and abilities. OneCity complies with the BC Human Rights Code and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, mental or physical disability, marital or family status, political belief, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or class.